As many of you are aware, the Facilities and Technology department has undertaken an internal review process to re-align our services to support a multi-building environment. This process, referred to as our CORE project, has included a series of faculty, student and staff surveys, interviews, internal support data aggregation and stakeholder dialogue.
Based on this effort we have identified two key areas that we are highlighting during spring 2016:
- Increased stakeholder communication
- Streamlined process for faculty and staff to obtain technical and general operations support
As part of a broader effort to address these two areas, we are implementing a series of strategic, technical and logistical upgrades.
- We will launch a department website to provide an additional support avenue for our faculty and staff stakeholders.
- We will launch a new centralized customer service workflow and tracking database. This automated workflow will be shared by all of our support teams and will expedite service requests and highlight our current service portfolio.
Note: faculty and staff may continue to communicate with us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), walk-ins, phone (x05297) and through our new website.
- We are moving our ASC building operations from ASC 223 to ASC 124. This new location will support department-wide services, including mail and copy and will house our scheduling team.
Note: Our office in Wallis Annenberg Hall (ANN L103) will be our primary service location to support our faculty, students and staff. As part of this transition mailboxes and mail services have been moved to ASC 124. We will no longer provide daily mail delivery services for faculty and departments and ask everyone to pick up their mail from ASC 124.
- Finally, in an effort to reflect the CORE services of supporting our classrooms and providing technical and operational support for the Annenberg community, we are rebranding our name to Annenberg Technical Services and Operations (TechOps).
Please let us know if you have any questions and stay tuned for updates on the next phase(s) of our CORE project.
On behalf of the entire Technical Services and Operations team we thank you in advance for your continued support!
Catalog department roles, responsibilities, scope and objectives
Organize teams, structure and support workflow to meet CORE objectives
Re-launch support mechanisms and showcase department services and successes
Evaluate organizational support models and effectiveness and adjust accordingly
For more information place a request, call (213) 740-5297, or visit ANN L103 or ASC 124.